Monday, October 4, 2010

Saving and I.

Saving is the bane of my life at the moment. Now I know that going away on a 7 week excursion to Europe should bring smugly delightful looks to my face, but honestly, it HURTS.

Saving sucks. I am (regretfully) not a person that can see a situation as 'this will all pay off in the long run.' I am horrifically impatient and giving up my morning coffee or monthly magazine or forever telling friends 'I'm just window shopping' is no fun at all. Even when I know I will reap rewards later.
But the countdown days are flying past far faster than my dollars are stacking up in my savings account, and Houston, we have a problem.

Fashion week and the hype, and new and wonderful online shops are not helping. I need to exercise self control.
So saving, I've got to get serious. I am divorcing my spending life and shacking up with saving. I vow to improve our rocky relationship - I've hired Lizzie as a counsellor. We are going to be inseparable. I will say 'no thankyou' to shopping invites, and play scenes of a white christmas and morocco in my mind. . . I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck. xx
PS: Willa Holland looks way cuter saving than I do haha

No comments:

Post a Comment