Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome to TwentyTwelve!

We're Back!


Our apologies for the very unannounced summer hiatus we were on. . . what with exams (Amy) and work (Lizzie) and general summer laziness, I feel like the blog is a neglected child. But never fear, being a more responsible parent to the blog is built into my new years resolutions for sure.


So the weather has been less than desirable (can't believe I'm blogging about the weather on our very (un)serious fashion blog), but yet none of my brilliant summer projects were started, let alone completed! Here are the things I aspired to do in all the free time I didn't end up happening. Maybe they'll get completed someday. . .


1. Take the opportunity of summer to paint my nails all kinds of crazy experimental ways. Just for shits and giggles, and to see whether any of these styles actually look not-ridiculous in real life.





2. Get superfit. Although I did go on a few runs and bike rides and have been back at the gym, my Kourtney Kardashian-esque physique has yet to appear. . .


3. Catch up on Gossip Girl. My brother and I both adore this show, but I stopped watching about the middle of last season, and never got up to date! This project I am part way through, so I guess you could say its a work in progress. PS I love the ad campaign for this from last season. Shame critics, you're only doing promo for the show!





4. Stay flexible, and stretch every day, so the 14 year olds I teach don't sass me come February. Epic fail.


5. Make good use of the pool we have at home. I guess this was excusable given that I spent a whole lot of time at the beach, but I feel super guilty having a pool that never gets used!


6. Learn to make macarons. Not just so I can finally compete with my sister in the kitchen (she is a goddess of all things baking. And she's 14.), but also so I have something more exciting to contribute to picnics and afternoon teas than cookies. And because they're yum!



7. Find a reasonable excuse to wear glitter as lipstick. Anyone want to invite me to a crazy fashion party? 



Also I desperately need to dedicate some time and resources to project SEE LIZZIE. This has been a total disaster but I will fix it soon!

Hope all your summers were sunnier than ours, and good luck to anyone heading back to school soon!

Lots of love (and sunshine),

Amy (and Lizzie!). 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment