Monday, June 4, 2012

Lizzie in May

Wanting: I've been drooling over white leather vests recently like this one. Currently saving up!



Wearing: 
I just bought one of the Glassons loop jumpers in black and it's amazing, I love it! It's acrylic so it might not be the warmest but it's done a good job for me so far! I also got a sheer cream peter pan blouse which is quite beautiful and easy to slip a merino under, perfect!


Listening to: Digable Planets, AlunaGeorge, Nas, Buzzcocks, Teen Daze, Sonic Youth and Eliza Doolittle! I've also been getting back into my Shaggy and Peter Andre, they're classics haha.



Eating: I've been making a lot of green curries - if you read our blog a lot or have ever tried to have dinner with me you'll probably know green curry is my favourite food on this earth!



I also went to Kiwiyo on Tamaki Drive for the first time with Amy on Friday. Honestly I expected it to be crap for some reason but that place is AMAZING. So many toppings and so delicious. And you can justify it because froyo is not even that bad for you.. Kind of. You must go try!




Drinking: I asked my flight attendant friend Christie to bring me back some tea from T2 in Sydney and I literally I can't describe, it's so amazing. Plus the stores look beautiful! They have emporiums and tea houses all over Australia, I imagine it's definitely worth a visit!





Going: to the Matakana Village Farmer's Market. I went quite a few times over summer but hadn't been recently. I drove up early on Saturday morning and managed to come home with pilsner, buffalo haloumi, fresh juice, passionfruit, tamarillos (not for me, I haaate them!), watercress, beets, baby passionfruit/lemon meringue/berry chocolate tartlets and smoked onions in hand. Good haul!




Watching: Amy and I went to see Salmon Fishing in the Yemen a couple of weeks ago and I adored it, I really did. Plus Emily Blunt is brilliant! Also 21 Jump Street was absolutely hilarious. And Dave Franco + Channing Tatum make it good to look at.




Making: Dance costumes for small children. The last one I did was a neon green two piece. So chic. I'm also working on a ball dress for my friend Ashleigh. I'll post this one when it's done, I'm pretty excited!



Quote of the Month:
Will Smith on letting his daughter Willow get a drastic haircut:
“We let Willow cut her hair. When you have a little girl, it’s like how can you teach her that you’re in control of her body? If I teach her that I’m in charge of whether or not she can touch her hair, she’s going to replace me with some other man when she goes out in the world. She can’t cut my hair but that’s her hair. She has got to have command of her body. So when she goes out into the world, she’s going out with a command that it is hers. She is used to making those decisions herself. We try to keep giving them those decisions until they can hold the full weight of their lives.”
- Will Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment