Friday, June 1, 2012

Studying.

I know. You're all sick and tired of hearing me rant on about studying, when clearly I am blogging. Not the point. The point is that I have a romanticized idea of studying.

Hear me out.

Studying should be all about writing beautiful notes about interesting things, so you don't get bored. You are supposed to drink lots of tea (mild healtheries obsession), take lots of breaks where you go for invigorating runs, and wear comfortable clothes and headbands. You will end up with stunningly clear (colour-coordinated) diagrams and a head full of relevant, applicable, A-grade knowledge.

Clearly I've been living in some sort of dreamworld, because I can safely say that my study experiences have NEVER resembled anything like this. My study habits involve a stressed-out, chipped-nailed, junk-food-fuelled, CRAZY-handwriting dining room rave. I say this because I tend to take over the dining room (least used room in the house) with diagrams and papers and textbooks etc.

So I have no idea where this idea has come from (actually tumblr and pinterest could have something to do with it), and now I'm disappointed that my romantic, pleasant study experiences are not manifesting themselves. First world problems, huh?

Real life doesn't have exams, but it does have hard work. It's good preparation for sucking it up and getting on with the job.



And with that, I will take my bitter and twisted views somewhere else (like to my desk) and leave you with Lizzie, who should be bright and shiny due to her lack of exams. Also we should probably return to something resembling fashion, given that this is a fashion blog and not a place for me to have a cry to you all. Apologies. Again.

Love love love and have a good week. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment