Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fashion Weeks!

True to form, I am running late with everything. . . so with New York and London Fashion Weeks running so close together, I haven't really given them a second thought until now. After spending a good chunk of time poring over style.com's photo galleries (also the nytimes does really good photos, fast loading, but you can't save them) I have selected my first couple of favourites (pretty sure Topshop is from the London show and Sass&Bide is from NY).

Topshop Unique



I have to confess, my hopes were not high - how could a chain store (admittedly a high end one) adapt to a show? But, as usual, Topshop did not disappoint. Although not a fan of the slit in the first dress, I love the weirdo neckline, and looking at these pictures, I seem to have become a little obsessed with prints (topshop, shakuhachi, are we seeing a pattern here?). Kind of a strange colour scheme, but I think it works! Also loving the insane hair. Apparantly, drapey and outrageous is the way to go. Love it. Could have been a boring train wreck, and in this case, the insane was definitely the way to go! Looking forward to getting my hands on some of this stuff in November!
Sass&Bide


Although their jeans never fail me, their dresses etc tend to be a little odd for my liking. See neckpieces above. But, the awesome prints on the two dresses, and the grey-ish print on the pants - love! Especially those shorts. And the shoes. And the legs to go with them. . . please? Cute grey tee too. AND although the feathers on the peach dress are a tad OTT (it is a catwalk after all), I would love to see more of that colour. And matching shoes. Ah S&B, if only my wallet was a little more accommodating. . . .
So far so good. Seriously inspired to make Lizzie teach me how to sew. . . in all that free time that I have.
Enjoy NZFW - will be posting sometime soon on the best of the best, but until then, my lovely friend Amber and her Lizzie-equivalent Hilary are doing regular and comprehensive show postings - I'll be stealing all their photos! If you can't wait for my oh so intellectual and witty commentary, check them out http://amberandhilary.blogspot.com/
Amy xx
PS Have finally worked out how to do my own photos! Hooray for independence! xx

1 comment: