Saturday, September 4, 2010

Maurie & Eve - The Voy•eûr





I know it's been around for years but I have always had a big thing for USA flag print. I remember watching an Independence Day parade go past my house when I was younger and being much too excited about the stars and stripes.

Anyway back on track, Sydney based label Maurie & Eve's Spring collection is the current love of my life. Additionally, I really really really really really really really really really want some leather shorts. (And a big white dress). Unfortunately I'm a bit too poor at the moment. But I will get some. This season is more whimsical and casual than the past few, which had a tendency to be very shiny - ohoho do not get me wrong I love all things shiny, with the exception of tight patent metallic pants and all their relatives - but I'm thinking that makes it a lot more wearable for summer.

If I remember correctly the Fourfontaine flagship store in Newmarket stocks a few Maurie and Eve pieces each season? I might have to save up and make a wee purchase.

Also, last week I made a dress that I actually like. The construction was slightly substandard but I am definitely going to get a lot of wear out of it this summer. Now I'm working on an extremely cute pair of shorts. Once those and the blazer I'm making next are done, I'll upload the photos here so you can see! Can you tell I'm excited?

So these are just a few images from the lookbook, if you want to see more of the collection (you do), you can see it all here.


P.S. How beautiful is Tallulah Morton in the campaign?

Lizzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment